Saturday, September 20, 2008

"My Man..."

Saturday Night Film: American Gangster.

I saw this film in the theatre last year and loved it. It debuts tonight on HBO. One thing I enjoy about watching films in multiple viewings is getting inside the interplay between certain actors. I have always loved Denzel Washington. He has a walk I wish I had. He strolls with a rhythm, his gait swings with confidence. Check it out in the trailer:



Russell Crowe and Josh Brolin put in great performances in the film. My favorite interactions are between Denzel and Chiwetel Ejiofor. Here is one scene:


http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi2125857049/

Special shout to my man Joe Morton as Charlie Williams, Frank Lucas's lawyer. Joe is in so many movies and TV shows, it's ridiculous. I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Morgan in 2000. He was receiving some award from the Screen Actors Guild and I was playing in a jazz band, that provided the entertainment. A very nice and gracious man.

Followers