Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Do you feel a little pinch in the wallet today?


On this day in 1913, Sixteenth Amendment (Amendment XVI) of the U.S. Constitution was ratified. I have never had a problem with paying taxes. I have a problem with the people budgeting and spending the taxes. Taxes should go to things that make our society a better place to live. Security, education, preservation and things like that. I never understood why people are so militant about taxes. I say if you don't want to pay taxes, get your own defense, protect your own property, school your own children, pave your own roads and insure your own stupid house built in a flood plain. I have a problem with the tax system, but not the idea of taxes themselves. I also have a problem with the wealthy or powerful who feel they don't have to pay taxes (Leona Helmsly, Tom Daschle, Nancy Killefer). No matter what side you are on this report by Nina Olson, the national taxpayer advocate at the IRS, should be seen a cry for help for all of us, the U.S. taxpayers.

Followers